- Welcome by area transportation advocate:
- We’re here today because Congress is a month away from the federal law that provides 50%, on average, of capital investment in roads, bridges, and public transportation expiring.
- It’s important for our community’s businesses and other advocates to let Congressman/Senator_________ know what’s important to us.
- And we need to hear and understand how finishing a long-term, fully-funded highway and transit bill is going to fit into the legislative agenda and with other priorities.
- We appreciate Congressman/Senator ________’s willingness to be here today.
- If roundtable discussion, self-introductions of participants
- Formal introduction of elected official followed by their opening remarks on transportation and legislative update
- If roundtable, discussion managed by the host
- If town-hall style meeting, audience comments & elected official response